Frodo is doing much better now. It took about a week for him to come out of hiding and another three or four days to decied the other cats were not a problem. Sam, his once best friend has not left Frodo's side though Frodo is not quite sure if he wants to be friends with Sam yet. Our new kitten Nigel wants desperately to play with Frodo. He chases him about the house pouncing on him. Frodo hissed back for a long time, but more reciently I have seen them playing and rough housing more and more. Sam still just hangs around Frodo, but they seem to be getting along better all the time.
We still think of Steve from time to time. Last week I baked a batch of chocolate chip cookies to send some to him. I also to baked a batch snikerdoddles, but by the time I had them baked, my family (and me too) had eaten so many of the chocolate chip cookies that I had to bake another batch. I sent Steve three dozen of the two cookies, and my wife wrote a handwritten letter thanking him again for returning our cat.
I mailed Steve the cookies by USPS Priority Mail. He should have recieved them by Friday. There is a part of me that expects a reply, but really I don't expect one. I would be sruprised if he did. In fact, I suspect by now he has read the note, and either eaten the cookies or tossed the lot.
Scruffin
Sunday, November 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment